The gates of heaven have been rejoicing a lot this past week.
My best friends wedding went great! Even the weather cooperated for the most part. Lots of things went "wrong" in the beginning with people not being there to do hair, cake was late, flowers wilted due to heat, people got lost getting there, and it was hot with a thunderstorm coming in....but God provided and it turned out wonderful! I ended up doing Erin's hair, Ally's hair and part of mine (ally finished it). The cake did arrive right before it was time to walk down the aisle, the flowers stayed perky til after pictures, people finally found the place, and the storm didn't hit til we were all inside!!
It really was the sweetest ceremony, family and friends pulled together to make this day happen and as I walked down the aisle and listened to what Kevin said as he married them, I was reminded of the sweetness of the marriage promise I made a year ago this past Sunday. Erin was beaming, and Paul had tears running down his cheeks as they spoke their vows and made their commitment to each other in front of God and the people there. Marriage is such a gift and I am so thankful God placed J in my life to be my husband. I wouldn't change it for the world.
After the ceremony, we went and ate and danced til late! It was so much fun dancing and laughing with family and friends. Catching up with old friends and just enjoying life the way God intended it to be. I cried so much when they left for their honeymoon because they have been waiting so long for this day and Erin kept saying.."I'm numb" and she is right, on that day, nothing seems real. I know they are enjoying their honeymoon cruise and I pray they both have a moment where they can take it all in and let all those emotions out together, because that is one if the sweetest moments you can have as a newlymarried couple:)
Sunday was our 1 year Anniversary! I'm still in shock! It flew by! It was an interesting day...slept in, got up and cleaned up a little from the week before. (our house was a mess from the hectic running around!) Headed out to Pigeon Forge, where J booked a room at the Inn at Christmas Place!!! It was SOOO pretty! OUr room had a 6 ft tree, a fireplace with decorated mantel, a huge jucuzzi tub, balcony, huge shower in the bathroom, granite countertops, huge king bed, lounge area. and of course tv. It was so nice and it even smelled like Christmas!!! We enjoyed our time there, ate at one of the restaurants we ate at when we were dating :) and just enjoyed time together. The place that did our wedding cake, even delivered a cake topper to our room! Perfection! The next day we went and got some Christmas ornaments :) (our thing) and then went and got some scrapbooking stuff since all my stuff is finally here that I ordered !!! I cannot wait to get started on it all! We went shopping (window shopping) and just laughed and enjoyed our time :) It was great!
We got home, unpacked, and rested the rest of the night. Momma, Daddy, and Ally came over to help us finish off the cake and we just talked. Daddy said Mamaw wasn't doing well right now, he went to see her earlier and read her some scripture and just let her know we would all be ok, we would take care of Papaw and for her to not worry about us. He read her scripture about peace and how God goes with us and takes care of us no matter what. He said at this point, all she could do was open her eyes and look at him.
Lots of family and friends came in to see her this past weekend. Her sister and neice from Arizona, friends from around town, family, all the grandkids. She has been surrounded by family and friends all week/weekend. Last night Ally called and said Momma and Daddy were heading down at 10:30pm because she wasn't doing well at all. About 10:50 we got a call from Momma saying my Uncle called and told them she took her last breath at 10:45pm. I can't even describe the thoughts and emotions that ran through me at this point. All I could do was cry. I'm so thankful J was there to hold me and just be there. He kept saying, let it out, because he knew I didn't want to. I tried holding it in, but I just couldn't. All I could think about was all the memories we'd made with Mamaw and times we had spent with her. Thankful she was there when J and I were married, that she was there when I graduated from high school, and both colleges, and that she was there to see me be baptized. Then I remembered the very last thing she said to me ....I had told her I loved her and she looked at me and with a whispered voice said ......"I love you too".....
The gates of heaven are rejoicing with the uniting of two of God's children, the celebration of a marriage anniversary, and the homecoming of a child, a saint has arrived home to her Father.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment