This update is not one about us, unfortunatley it is an urgent request for you to lift up my Mamaw in prayer.
Here is a brief run down of what has happened this year:
January: She lived at home where she has lived alone for many many years. She began to talk about odd dreams she has had and spoke to each of her kids and grandkids about their salvation and its surity.
February: She became obsessed with checking on us many time a day and telling us about her ever present dreams.
March: She began viewing the TV and news as her life and the world around her began to scare her.
April: She was placed into a nursing home and monitored for very very very strange behavior. Her oxygen levels were low, CO2 levels are high. Everything now has gone to crazy talk.
May: Crazy talk still, seemed to be making some progress and then..
May 10th: She was taken to the hospital because her CO2 levels were so high she was in and out of a coma like state.
May 11th: The Doctors predicted she has 12-48 hours left. She will essentially soffocate to death. :(They have tried all they can, but her CO2 levels are still elevated beyond repair. She drifts in and out and has lost down to 90 lbs.
We went to visit her last night and I am so thankful we did. I hate to even think it, but it may be the last time I see my Mamaw living. :( Before we arrived, she was in and out of a coma like state and when we arrived, she woke up enough to talk to us. I really think it was a God thing, to be able to talk to her for a few moments when she was clearer than she has been in a while. Some of the things she said don't make sense to us now, but maybe they will someday...
*Words of Mamaw Esta, May 11th, 2010*
To JR- You are going to be a good Doctor, I'm so glad you are here
To Allison- You will be a good nurse and I wish you could stay and take care of me
To Me- You are going to have a little boy. Take your vitamins and stay healthy. (not sure where she got that idea?! haha)
To JR and I- If you all need anything, please let me know.
TO Momma- You are my daughter and I have a good son.
To Daddy- You are a good son and have a good family.
To Papaw- I want to marry him, he takes good care of me.
She said other random things, but most were heartfelt and sincere.
We hugged her and headed home late last night and all I could think was, is that going to be the last time? ever?
I ask that you pray with me:
1. That God's will be done; whether its healing, or a peaceful/painless death.
2. That our family will pull together and not let any part of this cause a struggle within.
3. For my Daddy, Aunt, and Uncle as they watch their Mom slowly fade away and have to make some very difficult decisions in the next little bit.
4. For my Papaw.....I can't imagine watching the love of your life go through something like this. Also for his health and encouragement as he sits with her and pours himself into her care.
5. For all 7 grandkids...I am the 2nd oldest and we are all very close to her. She taught and instilled in me the love of cooking:)
That is all for now. Daddy just informed me they have to make some decisions as far as artificial life support or letting her go. At most the Docs are saying weeks WITH the artificial life support, but God can and still does miracles. Please Pray.
Thanks
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment