I have been reading through Colossians this week and I thought I would share my thoughts on His Word. :)
Colossians 1 (New American Standard) My thoughts are Bolded after the verse:)
1 Paul,an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are at Colossae: Grace to you and peace from God our Father. *I love how it open with grace and peace. Not only grace and peace from the person writing it, but also by saying from God our Father really emphasises that this letter is written on His behalf*
3 We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,* Praying always...I hope I am able to say that someday, that I pray ALWAYS for someone, meaning you are in constant connection with the Lord, never hanging up on my end with an "amen" and also, truly thanking God for someone with my whole heart, not just my words.*
4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have for all the saints; * having such a love, a Christian love that bonds together all believers*
5 because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel 6 which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth; *It is so exciting to me to know that the gospel, once understood in truth and accepted by grace and faith, continues to grow inside every believer and bears fruit which is evident for all to see*
7just as you learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow bond-servant, who is a faithful servant of Christ on our behalf,8and he also informed us of your love in the Spirit.9For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, *That is my prayer, that I will not cease to pray and that I will be filled with the knowledge of God's Will with spiritual wisdom and understanding, knowing that He controls every miniscule detail of my daily life and has purposed it for a certain reason.*
10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;* Increasing in knowledge. walking WORTHY of the Lord. Yes, He died for us but we are still unworthy of it all and striving daily to walk worthy of HIM is a challenge. I have had many discussions lately about people that are Christians bearing fruit. Bearing fruit is a constant thing, not occasional. We are commanded to, its not a choice. While we bear fruit, we are to grow in Him...the fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control.*
11 strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.* When we do this, He will strengthen us with His power according to His might, not so we can boast but so we are able to continue on with joy in our hearts, thanking Him. Thanking GOD who designated us to share in His inheritance!!!! How awesome is that. If we abide in Him, He will give us the strength to continue. Does that mean we will never feel over whelmed? Unfortunately, no. :( We will feel like giving up at times, but that is when we must cling to Him, knowing that "His stength is perfected in our weaknesses." (2 Corinthians 12:9)So when you have a bad day and feel like throwing your hands up and saying "ah, pooie on it all!" remember, do it the right way, He has equipped you and through HIM alone will you stand! Not if that doesn't excite you, I don't know what will!!! :)
~pray for me as I pray for you~
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment